this post was originally published as a newsletter from Jan 2012… I have updated the content for relevance… Enjoy!
(At the time of writing this newsletter) I have to admit I don’t use the Google Plus platform to its fullest potential and I might not ever use it. I love Facebook. I post photos of my girls for their Grandmother to see, I have church friends who are active there, and my business contacts are all way more familiar with Facebook.
However, Google has already stated that the Google search results will be tied to Google Plus results, so it would be foolish for me to avoid Google Plus completely. (UPDATE: I still do not publish as often as I should and I plan to post more frequently by June 2014.)
Here are some tips for how to use Google plus for business, including tips on setting up your Google Plus business page.
If you do NOTHING ELSE do this!
Add Google plus sharing buttons to your website.
I prefer addthis.com because they make it easy to track shares, clicks, and interactions. These are different from follow me buttons- these allow people to share your info right from your site. Check them out and send your webmaster to grab some if you do not already have sharing buttons on your site.
Let me outline how EASY it is to generate traffic for your website and blog and have a great social media strategy in just a few minutes a day.
- Go to your website with google plus share button already installed
- Click the button
- Write a note. Make your business shares public and add a helpful hint, tip, or side note.
Voila! The link back to your site is there, you did not need to go to another website, and you have given the world valuable info about you and what your business is all about. EASY! I know, I know you love me, right? If you really loved me you would go plus my site right now:! =)
Gotta Get PLUSSED!
Listed below are the top ways that I suggest a business owner use Google Plus to promote themselves and their business:
- Build your business circle by adding your business and personal contacts to circles
- Build a circle full of experts whose information you will strategically share and plus to build relationships
- Build a circle of prospects and people with whom you would LOVE to have a relationship with
- Plus your site and content on a regular basis
- Plus the content from other notable business people from your circles above
- Post to your own business page on a regular basis- set aside sacred time each day/week to do this
- Make sure your plus buttons are everywhere- website, blog, newsletter, signatures, etc- make it easy for people to ‘plus’ you.
Incorporate just ONE of these into your social media plan, and you have a strategy for success!
Creating Your Business Profile is EASY!
Here is the easy, do-it-yourself guide to creating a Google Plus profile for business.
- Just log in to your Google plus account.
- ON THE TOP RIGHT under HOME is a drop down menu, go to PAGES. There is a BLUE button that says CREATE A PAGE.
- Choose the type of page you want.
- Complete your company profile with complete and accurate information.
- Once you are done, make sure to go back to the drop down to PAGES and review to make sure it looks good. Now add some media and you have a nice robust page.
- To switch back and forth between your personal and company page, click on “Home” from the dropdown.
Google plus company pages are a valuable SEO tool. So make sure yours is set up completely with accurate information.
Join Us It’s FREE!
Join Advanced Virtual Assistant Services for Intro Lunch N Learns and extended workshops every Wednesday and Saturday in March as we turn Social Media “likes” into leads.
Forget what you think you know about Social Media for business! Social media is fun, interactive, and everyone is using it. But using social media to your advantage requires more than collecting ‘likes’, RTs, +’s, and mentions.
FREE Lunchtime Lunch N Learns:
Saturday Social Media Workshops:
|Attend these free lunchtime introductory workshops to learn what you didn’t know you didn’t know about social media. Come to get some new ideas on strategy and growing your network.||Attend these weekend workshops to get more in-depth knowledge, and learn what you didn’t know you didn’t know about social media. Come to get some specific strategy and ideas for growing your network.|
|When: Every Weds in March, 12-1pm, bring a lunch||When: 11a-2pm, lunch is included|
|Cost: FREE, Enter to win FREE admission to a WEEKEND WORKSHOP!||Cost: $75, or $100 for 2 people, Enter to win a FREE 90 minute tutoring session!|
|Dates and Registration Links:
March 26th- Intro to converting leads from Google Plus. Register Here.
|Dates and Registration Links:
March 29th- Converting leads from Google Plus. Register Here.
|RSVP: The link above, come to 900 Commonwealth Pl, Boardroom, Or call Ken at 757-537-8318||RSVP: Preregistration by link above.|
|In this intro workshop, get specific information to use Linkedin as an entry point into your sales funnel.Come to learn:
||In this in-depth workshop, get specific information to use each social media site as an entry point into your sales funnel.Come to learn:
Save the date for the next Social Media Workshop!